Terms of Service
1. You must be 13 years or older to use the website and app.
2. You may not post nude, partially nude, or sexually suggestive photos, videos or audio.
3. You are responsible for any activity that occurs under your screen name.
4. You must not abuse, harass, threaten, impersonate or intimidate other Freebits users.
5. You may not use the Freebits service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. International users agree to comply with all local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content.
6. You are solely responsible for your conduct and any data, text, information, screen names, graphics, photos, profiles, audio and video clips, links ("Content") that you submit, post, and display on the Freebits service.
7. You are responsible for keeping your password secure.
8. You must not modify, adapt or hack Freebits or modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with Freebits.
9. You must not access Freebits's private APIs by any other means other than through the Freebits website and app.
10. You must not crawl, scrape, or otherwise cache any content from Freebits including but not limited to user profiles, photos, videos, audio files and metadata.
11. You must not create or submit unwanted email or comments to any Freebits members ("Spam").
12. You must not use web URLs in your name without prior written consent from Freebits Inc.
13. You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
14. You must not, in the use of Freebits, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
15. Violation of any of these agreements will result in the termination of your Freebits account. While Freebits prohibits such conduct and content on its site, you understand and agree that Freebits cannot be responsible for the Content posted on its website and app and you nonetheless may be exposed to such materials and that you use the Freebits service at your own risk.
1. We reserve the right to modify or terminate the Freebits service for any reason, without notice at any time.
2. We reserve the right to alter these Terms of Service at any time. If the alterations constitute a material change to the Terms of Service, we will notify you via email according to the preference expressed on your account. What constitutes a "material change" will be determined at our sole discretion, in good faith and using common sense and reasonable judgement.
3. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
4. We reserve the right to force forfeiture of any username that becomes inactive, violates trademark, or may mislead other users.
5. We may, but have no obligation to, remove Content and accounts containing Content that we determine in our sole discretion are unlawful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene or otherwise objectionable or violates any party's intellectual property or these Terms of Service.
6. We reserve the right to reclaim usernames on behalf of businesses or individuals that hold legal claim or trademark on those usernames.
Proprietary Rights in Content on Freebits
1. Freebits does NOT claim ANY ownership rights in the text, files, images, photos, video, sounds, musical works, works of authorship, applications, or any other materials (collectively, "Content") that you post on or through the Freebits Services.
2. You represent and warrant that: (i) you own the Content posted by you on or through the Freebits Services or otherwise have the right to grant the license set forth in this section, (ii) the posting and use of your Content on or through the Freebits Services does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights, intellectual property rights or any other rights of any person, and (iii) the posting of your Content on the Site does not result in a breach of contract between you and a third party. You agree to pay for all royalties, fees, and any other monies owing any person by reason of Content you post on or through the Freebits Services.
3. The Freebits Services contain Content of Freebits ("Freebits Content"). Freebits Content is protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other laws, and Freebits Inc owns and retains all rights in the Freebits Content and the Freebits Services. Freebits hereby grants you a limited, revocable, nonsublicensable license to reproduce and display the Freebits Content (excluding any software code) solely for your personal use in connection with viewing the Site, App and using the Freebits Services.
4. The Freebits Services contain Content of Users and other Freebits licensors. Except as provided within this Agreement, you may not copy, modify, translate, publish, broadcast, transmit, distribute, perform, display, or sell any Content appearing on or through the Freebits Services.
5. Freebits performs technical functions necessary to offer the Freebits Services, including but not limited to transcoding and/or reformatting Content to allow its use throughout the Freebits Services.
6. Although the Site, App and other Freebits Services are normally available, there will be occasions when the Site, App or other Freebits Services will be interrupted for scheduled maintenance or upgrades, for emergency repairs, or due to failure of telecommunications links and equipment that are beyond the control of Freebits Inc. Also, although Freebits will normally only delete Content that violates this Agreement, Freebits Inc reserves the right to delete any Content for any reason, without prior notice. Deleted content may be stored by Freebits Inc in order to comply with certain legal obligations and is not retrievable without a valid court order. Consequently, Freebits encourages you to maintain your own backup of your Content. In other words, Freebits is not a backup service. Freebits will not be liable to you for any modification, suspension, or discontinuation of the Freebits Services, or the loss of any Content.